Hi Storykeepers! I’m Hadassah Waugh. Welcome to my blog!
I’ve decided to call you all Storykeepers, because regardless what we’re nerding about, whether it be a book, a movie, a series, or a video game, chances are the thing that made you love it so much was the story. (I know it’s a plus if the artwork, style and gameplay is cool — looking at you, gamers.😉)
I’m thrilled to be finally writing posts to share with you all, after so many years of planning to do a blog and letting procrastination and perfectionism get in the way. So without further ado, let’s dive in!
If you want more detail, please visit my about page, but I’ll try to give a quick summary here.
I’m a young Christian, writer, artist and nerd who lives in New Zealand. I’ve always loved telling stories, but it wasn’t until I wrote a fanfic series at age 11-13 that I really got into writing. Since then I’ve moved onto an original series which I’m calling The Prince of WalfKlau, and enjoy writing and illustrating characters from this series. I love nerding about a whole bunch of different books, movies, and shows, as well as game series. I hope you can have as much fun with that here as I do!
The Reveal On My First Blog Series
Right! The first blog series I plan to do — here’s the big reveal …
Drumroll, please …
I’m going to be reviewing Harry Potter! Both the books and the movies! This is for all you nerds and writers out there!
However, if that isn’t your thing, that’s fine. Everybody likes different things. Which is why my second blog series … is up to you guys! You get to choose! Here are the options:
- A series on Mario games that nerds, educates, and takes a look at all aspects of the game in question, along with a couple of boss tips if you want them 😉
- A series on Star Wars characters, covering their personalities and traits and what we can learn from that (for writers) their costume design (for artists) and what makes them cool in general (for all nerds)
- A series in a similar vein as the Star Wars one, but about one of the following series: Avatar The Last Airbender, Snow White with the Red Hair, or The Chosen
Put your vote in the comments, and I’ll choose the one that gets the most votes. 🙂
My Blog Plan For the Meantime
Until I have enough votes to know what sort of series you guys would like me to do, I’ll be doing posts on various different things, not limited to but including:
- Cool cultural or geographical facts I’ve researched for my book.
- Various posts on Harry Potter as I work through the numerous books and movies in this series.
- Various bits of writing/drawing advice.
- One off blogs on video games, movies, tv shows, books, and characters I love.
- Behind the scenes sneak peaks of my process for creating various different projects and the characters and stories within.
- Occasional stories about places I visit in NZ.
I’m looking forward to sharing it with you all!
Status Of My WIPs
I do plan on eventually having a separate page for this in my menu, but for now, here’s the news:
YA Fantasy Series: The Prince of WalfKlau (working title)
Book 1, Dual Heirs (working title): Currently in 3rd draft, and being read by beta readers.
Book 2, (Untitled): Currently in 1st draft, about to start revision and rewrite.
Books 3-5 (Untitled): Know basically what they’re about in my head, but haven’t started properly plotting book 3 yet.
YA Fantasy Series: Eyria (working title)
Have a whole bunch of ideas floating around in my subconscious, but am not intending to write this until I finish WalfKlau.
Children’s Picture Book: A Penguin’s Mother’s Day
Have the rough draft completed.
Children’s Picture Book: The Four Royal Siblings and the Play
Rough draft completed, as well as a few pieces of final artwork.
What I’ve Been Up To Recently
I’ve had a really fun Christmas and New Years holidays with my family, and now I’m starting to settle back into a bit of a routine.
I’ve recently started work on revising my second book to its second draft, and then hope to get it up to third draft standard for betas.
My plans for 2022 are to finish the beta draft of my 2nd book this year, as well as the first draft of the 3rd. I would love to more, but I’m trying to be realistic at the moment. I also have plans to make a lot of cool additions to this website if I can this year … watch this space😉.
What about you, Storykeepers? What are you planning to do in 2022? And what blog series would you like me to start? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!